[Lasa] FLACSO-Quito in danger of losing Kichwa program--please help if you can

Alicia Torres atorres at flacso.edu.ec
Wed Sep 28 10:19:29 PDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michelle Wibbelsman via Erip <erip at lists.ethnicityrace.org <mailto:erip at lists.ethnicityrace.org>>
Date: 2016-09-28 8:21 GMT-05:00
Subject: [Erip] FLACSO-Quito in danger of losing Kichwa program--please help if you can
To: erip at lists.ethnicityrace.org <mailto:erip at lists.ethnicityrace.org>

FLACSO sede Ecuador in Quito is in danger of losing its Kichwa program due to funding cuts at FLACSO.  Michael Uzendoski, faculty member at FLACSO, has started a crowdfunding campaign to try to pay the salary of the Kichwa professor (Luis Alberto Tuaza of Chimborazo) so that the course does not close.

If you can help with any amount, small or large, please access the link below. https://www.gofundme.com/2rphfnys <https://www.gofundme.com/2rphfnys>
We need to continue advocating for a permanent presence of lesser taught languages on our campuses.  Although crowdfunding this salary for the time being is a temporary solution, it can demonstrate general support, concern and international vigilance, and provide an important foundation for broader structural change and fiscal priorities.

--

  Michelle Wibbelsman
  Assistant Professor

  Department of Spanish and Portuguese
  281 Hagerty Hall, 1775 College Road
  Columbus, Ohio 43210-1430

  Office phone: 614-292-7787 <tel:614-292-7787>
  http://sppo.osu.edu <http://sppo.osu.edu/>

  mwibbelsman at gmail.com <mailto:mwibbelsman at gmail.com>
  wibbelsman.1 at osu.edu <mailto:wibbelsman.1 at osu.edu>