[Lasa] Call for Abstracts -- American Anthropological Association, Nov 2018

Alysa Handelsman alyhand at umich.edu
Mon Apr 2 20:28:57 PDT 2018

Dear LASA colleagues,

We are looking for two more panelists to join us at the American
Anthropological Association meetings in San Jose this November.  Our
panel, "The
Educational Imagination: Possibilities for Resistance and Change," will
consider the following questions:

*How has/does/should identity inform how and what we teach?  How can
teachers shape curriculum and design courses that draw upon their students'
histories and ways of imagining their world and their places within it?
How are students designing and envisioning their learning processes and the
relevance of education in their lives?  What happens when school
communities resist and work against traditional standards and learning
goals?  What does "decolonizing education" look like? *

If you are interested, please email your 250-word abstract (including paper
title & author affiliation) by *Friday, April 6 to *alyhand at umich.edu.
Accepted presenters will be notified by April 8 in order to comply with the
AAA submission deadline.  Guidelines and meeting information can be
accessed at:
http://www.americananthro.org/AttendEvents/landing.aspx?ItemNumber=14722&navItemNumber=566

Let us know if you have any questions!

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Alysa Handelsman & Suzanne García-Mateus