[Lasa] Please Share: Join the Youth Visionary Collective! Fall 🍁 Remote Internship with Roots & Routes IC

Juli Hazlewood Williams jahaze en gmail.com
Vie Oct 1 14:14:54 PDT 2021

Dear Ecuatorianistas,

I hope that you are doing well. I wanted to ask you if you would please
circulate this call for a 10-week internship with Roots & Routes IC to your
students and colleagues? Please see below.

Thanks!

Juli Hazlewood

Hi! My name is Juli Hazlewood. I am the Co-Founder & Executive Director of
Roots & Routes IC.

Here is a call to welcome students to apply to Roots & Routes IC's Fall🍁Season
of our remote internship program, an opportunity that lasts 10-weeks and
begins on October 10th, 2021. The interns have a chance to join an
international team and network that they call the Youth Visionary
Collective (YVC). We welcome youth from all countries. The minimum
commitment is six hours/week. Currently, we have seven YVC teams who meet
together in English and one in Spanish. You can learn more about what we
collectively did together during the summer here in R&R's quarterly
newsletter called Seasonal Offerings
<https://mailchi.mp/88a28b889c47/happy-summer-solstice-celebrating-a-3-year-seasonal-shift-on-rrs-board-10680308?e=11d4962063>
.

At Roots & Routes IC, we are bridge builders between Indigenous and
Ancestral communities and elders, activists, researchers, and youth.
Connecting people through education, action, and re-storying the relations
between us, our role is facilitating compassion and sharing knowledge among
diverse cultures *en* route to responsibly stewarding a flourishing Living
World. You can read more by clicking on this link to our posting on Indeed
<https://www.indeed.com/company/Roots-&-Routes-IC/jobs/Fall-Intern-Youth-Led-Community-Participant-997a1a4980b72ab8?fccid=147fb9d18d164a8b&vjs=3>,
where you can also apply to become an R&R YVC intern!

Thanks!

Juli Hazlewood

*Julianne A. Hazlewood Williams, Ph.D. in Geography*
Co-Founder & Executive Director
Roots & Routes Intercultural Collaborations <http://rootsroutes.org/>

Teaching Faculty, University of California, Santa Cruz
Environmental Studies Department and Rachel Carson College

*"Que tus sueños sean más grandes que tus miedos"*
*[May your dreams be bigger than your fears]- Acción Poética*